Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2018

SLJ Blink and you'll miss it Day 5 activity 1 week 1

This activity is about loggers  (people that cut down trees).  For this activity I have to tell you why trees should get cut down and why they shouldn't. Trees should get cut down because they provide things like paper and pencils. But I think they shouldn't because it takes away our oxygen and some creatures homes.

Hi Jordan if your looking at this post I hope I did this right if not please comment.
I got the monkey, the chainsaw and the trees from google images and background burned the monkey and the chainsaw so it looks like one image. Then I designed the hole slide to put on this post.

2 comments:

  1. Mōrena Taya,

    Good work for completing yet another SLJ activity, 'Towering Timbers', and for giving us your opinion on whether or not you think that logging should be allowed in New Zealand. I'm pleased to read that you've given reasons for both sides of the argument— and you're absolutely right— if we stopped logging then we wouldn't have the resource of wood, but also, if we stopped it, then we would have more trees that help to filter out nasty gases like Carbon Dioxide (CO2), and produce oxygen. What type of trees do you think that loggers cut down?

    I LOVE YOUR EDITED PICTURE!! It's hilarious but completely accurate. Well done! This is another exemplary post Taya :)

    Keep it up!

    Cheers,

    Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Taya,

    My name is Georgia, and like Jordan, I am a Cluster Manager for the Summer Learning Journey. I comment on blogs from Kaikohekohe (Northland) mainly, however Jordan just shared this post with me and I couldn't help but comment on your awesome efforts with the logging activity. You did such an excellent job at making all of the different images melt into one, ka pai.

    I also believe you made some very valid points for both pro and anti logging. Have you heard of the One Billion Trees Programme? The NZ Government has set a goal to plant 1 Billion trees by 2028 to help protect the environment and mitigate climate change. I think this is a great step in the right direction. What do you think?

    I hope you're enjoying the SLJ programme so far! Keep up the great work

    Nga mihi, Georgia :-)

    ReplyDelete